Friday, January 4, 2013

House Goals for 2013



Happy new year everyone! We had a great year in 2012 and we are so ready to get going on new house projects for 2013! 

First off, I am going to learn how to sew this year! Parker’s very generous grandpa gave me a sewing machine and lessons for Christmas this year and although I never thought about trying to learn to sew I can already tell you I am enthralled with the idea of making lots of custom items for my home on this fancy machine. Just in case you were wondering I got the “Baby Lock – Grace” machine. It is amazing. 

I plan on making curtains for the whole house on this bad boy, straight lines are my friend. So far my inspiration comes from pictures like this:

And this:

And this:

I will let you know when I get started!

Secondly and probably the biggest DIY project I will ever take on is our Master bathroom renovation! Yes, you heard me right Parker and I are going to do our master bathroom renovation ourselves (mostly). We plan to take out a small closet, frame out a new door move the sink (I know, we are calling plumber) and tile a shower. We will also have to redo the floors and install a new vanity. This is going to be major y’all. 

Thirdly, install a ladder into the attic access in the garage. Right now we just have a hole and we pull our ladder up to it. Although it is not that big of a deal we plan on using the attic as storage for a lot of our Christmas décor and getting in and out of that area easily will be a big help. Plus we went to Home Depot the other day and we found that these attic access ladder things are not much more than $150. Not too bad. 

If I can get these three big house projects done this year I will be super happy with us. I fear the master bathroom project is going to take at least a month because Parker works on weekends and we are limited to how many hours we have together to get this all done. I will be back later with all the mood boards and ideas I have out there for this project and show you some detailed before pictures. Trust me you are going to be amazed we have been able to deal with this bathroom for 6 months.

1 comment: